Call Us Today! 1-888-553-4503
Castle Express Moving only insures the contents of boxes that our company packs. (This is the case with all moving companies).
However to save money, most of our customers prefer to do there own packing. In this case here are some packing tips that you may find useful.
- Do not over-pack boxes – a good rule to follow is “the heavier the item, the smaller the box.”
- Start with packing items you will not need in advance of your move.
- Use plenty of paper and bubble wrap, when you shake a box you should not hear anything “rattle”
- By law, a moving company cannot transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, flammables, firearms, cleaning fluids, drugs and detergents. Please make other arrangements for moving these items.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box.
- List the room description (bedroom, living room, etc.) on the top and sides of boxes. Also a list of the contents may be helpful.
- Pack and unpack breakables over a padded surface, just incase the item is accidentally dropped.
- Bubble wrap and plain packing paper is highly recommended (ink from newspapers may stain).
- Always tape boxes (rather than interlocking the flaps).
- Use packing tape. Other tapes do not adhere to corrugated cardboard.
- Pack boxes with sealed tops, and make sure nothing is protruding out of the top whenever possible.
- Pictures, artwork, lamps and other breakables should be properly packed or hand carried to the new location.(Please note Castle Express Moving does not insure these items unless we professionally pack them).
- Empty storage cabinets, refrigerators and anything else that could cause damage by shifting.
- You should empty clothing in dresser drawers, anything breakable or spill able should be removed and packed.
- Empty loose items from desk drawers.
- Legal size filing cabinets can be moved with the contents in place however lateral file cabinets should be emptied.
- Have computers, telephones and other electronic devices unplugged and ready to go before the movers arrive. Also small electronics like DVD players and stereo components should be packed in a box.